PHOTO FINISH: STAYED TUNED FOR JUDGES’ RULING ON OUTCOME. ALL FURTHER COMMENTS FOR THIS THREAD HAVE BEEN CLOSED.
Name a song in which the lyrics mention another band or artist.
1. Only one name check per song. (eg, You can only use “Ready Steady Go” for the Beatles or the Stones or Bobby Dylan but not all three).
2. You can’t repeat a band/artist name once it’s been used.
3. You can use different band names containing the same person (eg, if there is a song that name checks Clapton and another that name checks Blind Faith, both songs count)
4. The name must be used in the lyrics. Shout-outs do not count.
5. The reference must be on purpose. The lyrics can’t just accidentally name check the band (eg, “Alabama Getaway” does not refer to the pop county band Alabama).
6. As with all Last Man Standing competitions, only one name at a time please.
Ready? Steady? GO!
“Ready Steady Go,” by Generation X – Bobby Dylan