Here’s an old topic I would have thought, when it was first posted, would have stoked the fires of the Hall’s collective fashion sense. But it did not. Perhaps we were distracted by John Lennon’s birthday. Or John Entwistle’s. Or Jackson Browne’s. Or Chickenfrank’s. Today is Distraction-Free Friday. Let’s give it another try, shall we? (And whatever happened to Townsman eh?)
This post initially appeared 10/9/08.
Here’s a question that’s probably too encompassing and open to discussion to fit in a poll:
Which uniform/costume of a non-rock group has been most successfully co-opted by a band as their Look?
- Cowboys (The Band/The Charlatans)
- 18th Century fops (The Upper Crust)
- Pirates! (Adam and the Ants)
- Soldiers/Paramilitary guys (the Clash, circa Combat Rock)
- Other (please specify)
Looks that don’t count:
- Angus Young- the Look was not incorporated by the entire band
- Devo – the Look is entirely made up
- Village People – various different Looks