It’s that time again, time to gauge your gut responses to some age-old questions. Are you ready for a little Dugout Chatter? Veterans, show the newcomers how it’s done!
- What’s the last (ie, most recent) Elton John single that gives you any small degree of joy these days?
- What 2nd-rate Jagger is most likely to rank higher for you, a 2nd-rate Brian Jones-era Jagger or a 2nd-rate Exile on Main Street-era Jagger?
- Given the choice right now, would you rather see The Who in their present configuration in an arena or Roger Daltrey solo backed by a young, enthusiastic band and covering Who songs in a large club of about 1000 capacity?
- Why didn’t I like Bright Eyes when I first heard “them” a couple of years ago and now, whenever I hear a new Conor Oberst song I think it’s pretty good?
- What’s more hopeless, the hope for a Kinks reunion or the hope for a great solo Ray Davies album?
- Name a band you enjoy reading about much more than hearing any of their music.
I look forward to your responses.