We’ve spent many summers in the Halls of Rock, yet I don’t believe we’ve ever determined…once and for all…the best song about summer. Not your favorite song about summer, but the best, objectively speaking, according to the following criteria—and probably then some:
- Groove that most feels like summer (real summer, not that winter-like summer I hear they experience south of the equator)
- Lyrics that best represent summer experiences and observations
- Appropriateness for all summer activities, regardless of individual tastes and north-of-the-equator geography
- Evocative power of the song title
- Most appropriate complimentary image of performing artist
I look forward to settling this debate…once and for all.