About a week ago, MSNBC reported that the main contenders to replace Robert Plant in Led Zeppelin are:
- Alter Bridge frontman Myles Kennedy
- Chris Cornell of Soundgarden
- Chad Kroeger of Nickelback
I was never that big a fan of Plant’s voice but I can’t imagine someone else filling in for him.
I don’t know who the first guy is, but if Chad Kroeger is on your shortlist of potential bandmates, things must be pretty dire. And imagine this from John Paul Jones’ perspective: after 15 years or so of getting snubbed by the very outfit that you co-founded, you finally get back in, only to have the douche from Nickleback fronting the band. So what are Jimmy Page and JPJ to do? Possibilities:
- Give Terry Reid a chance to not blow it this time
- Hold auditions on an American Idol style TV show like INXS did
- Try to get the Devil to take their phone calls so they can plead with him to give their souls back
Any other suggestions?