A number of new Townspeople have registered in the past week. That’s awesome. I bet I’m not alone in wanting to get a sense of what makes them tick, and I bet they’re looking for any opportunity to show off their rock wisdom and wit. In that case, it’s time for a rapid-fire round of Dugout Chatter. If you don’t know the drill it’s easy: provide your gut answers to the following questions. There’s no wrong answer and probably no right one. Just your answer. Long-time Townspeople, how ’bout you lead by example?
Which lead singer do you least enjoy seeing dance on stage?
What’s the most impressive percussion feat in rock?
What’s the most played-out PR angle in rock:
- The keee-raaay-zeeee genius bandleader.
- “Is he/she or isn’t he/she” (ie, gay, bisexual, a drug addict, etc)?
- “[Artist] sucked so much on Saturday Night Live that you’ve got to check them out!”
- [Artist] is “classically trained.”
If Little Feat is best appreciated hungover, what artist might skeptics best-appreciate after eating too much?
- The Moderator is sincerely ignorant of their music and no one else has yet written up their deaths.
- The Moderator never saw that movie in which Beyoncé played James.
- The Moderator saw that movie in which Beyoncé played James.
- Their brand of “race music” fell just outside the strict bounds of Rock Town Hall discussion.
- I hadn’t heard they died. Thank you, Rock Town Hall, my relatively timely one-stop for all rock ‘n roll-related news!
What treasured and celebrated regional style of music is actually most difficult to grasp for folks outside that region?
- The Sound of Philadelphia.
- Heartland Rock.
- The zip code-specific soundtrack music selected for use in Garden State.
I look forward to your responses.