Ladies and gentlemen, it’s that time again: the RTH speed round known as Dugout Chatter. All we ask is that you provide gut answers to the following would-be burning questions. If you’re new to these parts, this is a great time to jump in and get your feet wet. If you’ve been around forever, your voice must be heard. Who knows, maybe one of our old friends like Mwall or The Great 48 will resurface?
- During this global pandemic, as many workers have been able to work from home, we can be sure that Andy Partridge isn’t suffering. But what musician may be most challenged by working from home?
- When we can get back to gathering for concerts, which artist is most likely to feature branded masks at their merch table?
- Is there a musician, even Ozzy Osbourne, who could do a worse job at keeping the public informed and on point than our blessed President Trump?
- There’s not much in the way of music media for hardcore fans like ourselves as there is for hardcore sports fans, which I also happen to be. In lieu of actual sports, sports media outlets have dug deep into “What if” pieces, Top 10 lists, and deep-dive statistical analyses. With the live music world pretty much at a standstill, beside Zoom and Facebook Live performances, is there an RTH-worthy deep dive we’ve long toyed with but never undertaken?
- With all that’s going on – social distancing, previously unimagined anxieties, desperately seeking toilet paper – have your listening habits changed in any ways?
- All joking aside, what will it take for you to feel comfortable going out to see a show again?
Stay healthy. Stay relatively sane.